Murray Seltzer, D.M.D. Named Atlantic District Evaluation Program Coordinator
It is my pleasure to announce that Murray Seltzer, D.M.D. (Toms River, NJ) has been named the coordinator of the Atlantic District Evaluation Program effective immediately.
Murray Seltzer has been an active member of the evaluation program since its inception and for the past 3 years has been in charge of the AYHL evaluation program that supported the Atlantic District's initiatives.
Below please find a partial list of his accomplishments and awards over the past 30 years:
- Atlantic Metro Hockey League /Atlantic Youth Hockey Officiating Evaluation Supervisor 2013-2018
- Member, The Hockey Equipment Certification Council (HECC) 1999-2007
- Member, Metro NY-NJ, National Ice Hockey Officials Association Rules Interpreter to the New Jersey Inter-scholastic Anesthetic Administration
- Director of Special Projects, USA Hockey Safety & Protective Equipment Committee, 1999-2007
- Off-ice Official, National Hockey League, 1998-2018
- Chairman of Rules Committee, Metro NY- NJ National Ice Hockey Officials, 1995-2004
- Eastern College Athletic Conference (NCAA ) Official, 1992-2004
- Member, National Ice Hockey Officials Association, 1990-2018
- Member, USA Hockey Active Official, 1974-2018
- Member, International Society of Sports Dentistry, 2000-2004
- Member, American/Academy of Sports Dentistry, 1997 -2000
- USA Hockey (Atlantic District) Referee Seminar Coordinator, 1995-2000
- New Jersey Youth Hockey League Referee In-Chief /Director of Officials, 1993-1998
- New Jersey Interscholastic Athletic Association National High School Federation- High School Ice Hockey Official of the Year Award, 2003-2004.
- USA Hockey Safety & Protective Equipment Committee - 5 Year Service Award - 2004
- Metro NY - NJ National Ice Hockey Officials Association - 15 Year Service Award, 2000-2001
- Murray Seltzer will work in the Evaluation Coordinator position for the Atlantic District and will work with his team of local coordinators to get out early this season to provide positive coaching for our officials.
I would like to thank Bill Maurer for his dedication in this role for the past 10 years. Bill has provided a solid foundation for this new team to move forward with their initiatives. Bill Maurer will now focus all of his activity and attention to the AAHA Officials Development Program that has grown dramatically over the past 5 years.
I want to thank Bill Maurer and Murray Seltzer for the dedication, passion and expertise in developing our officials in the Atlantic District.
Jim Doyle, Referee-In-Chief